The professionals at KWC have the experience necessary to advise construction contractors and other specialty trade contractors. We’re the accounting firm that stays current on all tax law changes that affect the industry, and we’re the trusted business advisor for advice on the financial impacts of these changes. As members of both the Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc. (ABC) and the Northern Virginia Building Industry Association (NVBIA), KWC provides construction CPA expertise and resources not just in the Washington, D.C. region, but nationally as well.
We understand that one of the toughest accounting obstacles for contractors is obtaining financing from creditors, banks, suppliers and bonding companies. We work with construction and specialty trade contractors to provide third-party verification so they can gain lenders’ trust. Through years working in the construction industry, we’ve provided guidance to businesses during both good and bad economic environments.
In addition to our assurance services, we provide services for taxes to our construction clients to help reduce their burden, while maintaining compliance with federal, state, and local tax laws and regulations. Our compliance services include:
- Financial statement audits
- Internal control audits
- Financial statement reviews
- Financial statement compilations
- Corporate, partnership and individual tax preparation
- Other tax return preparation (payroll, 1099s, business license and personal property)
We provide services uniquely tailored to the construction and specialty trade contractor industry. Among our planning and advisory services are:
- Business valuation and succession planning
- Strategic business planning
- Cost segregation and allocation
- Consulting / testing of internal control policies and procedures
- Profit improvement strategies, including:
- Analysis of working capital requirements
- Gross profit analysis
- Cash flow projections and budgets
- Financial analysis as compared to industry norms
- Overhead analysis
- Tax savings and deferral strategies, including:
- DPAD, Section 179D, and other tax credits and deductions available
- Tax planning and projections
- Retirement plans
KWC specializes in providing tax, audit, accounting and business advisory services for businesses, individuals, estates, trusts, non-profit organizations, and employee benefit plans. Our diverse client base served includes industries such as professional service firms, government contractors, non-profits, real estate, construction and specialty contractors, and healthcare providers.
For more information on Construction and Specialty Trade Contractor services at
KWC contact: Jeff Creskoff, Catherine Stemple or Joanna Friedman.