Non-Profit Accounting and Auditing
At KWC, we’re eager to share our knowledge of the complex issues facing non-profit organizations. The extensive experience of our professional accountants translates into recommendations to improve accounting controls and operating efficiencies that are practical and realistic. In addition to traditional services for auditing and taxes, we help clients assess the potential impact of new developments in accounting rules and tax laws. KWC also helps non-profits with other business changes, and provides strategic, long-term guidance. KWC’s dedicated non-profit accountants have extensive experience with large and small tax-exempt organizations, and we take the time to understand the unique financial goals of each.
Our non-profit CPA service team consists is a group of audit, tax, and business advisory professionals that focus primarily—if not exclusively—on serving tax-exempt organizations. We serve more than 200 non-profits and governmental entities.
Our commitment to the industry isn’t just about the clients we serve. It’s a passion. Our professionals serve on boards and committees of non-profits and other community-related affiliations. As an independent alliance member of BDO Alliance USA, we draw resources and information from BDO’s Institute for Nonprofit Excellence, which specializes in meeting the needs of the non-profit sector and collaborating with alliance firms to develop innovative, practical accounting and operational solutions for organizations like yours.
“As a nonprofit leader who must wear many hats, I found KWC to be highly professional and extremely knowledgeable in their audit work, while also willing and able to explain the specific financial items that require the organization’s attention. KWC sets high standards for the nonprofits’ which it audits, reflecting a high level of transparency for the organization and its operation. The KWC staff are committed to their important function and equally respectful of the mission of the nonprofit organization, making a seamless connection.”
Former Executive Director of SCAN of Northern Virginia
Our Non-Profit Accounting Services
Our services for financial auditing and taxes focus on helping you comply with board fiduciary responsibilities, regulatory obligations, and improve fiscal health and streamline operations:
- Audits, Reviews and Compilations of Financial Statement – Examining documentation prepared by management and attesting to fair presentation of information
- OMB Circular A-133 – Required audited reports when directly or indirectly spending $500,000 or more in federal funds as part of your yearly operations
- Tax Preparation – Preparing Form 990 and 990PF along with planning and consultation regarding multiple entities, lobbying, planned giving, UBIT, intermediate sanctions and inter-company transactions
- Retirement Plans – Auditing and preparation of Form 5500 of 401(k), 403(b) and other employee retirement plans to ascertain fair presentation and/or compliance of financial information per ERISA or other requirements
- Tax – Planning and consultation regarding multiple entities, lobbying, planned giving, UBIT, intermediate sanctions and inter-company transactions
- Consulting – Assistance with the wide variety of compliance issues and requirements facing 501(c) entities
For more information on Non-Profit services at KWC contact:
Steve Travis or Shannon Blevins.
KWC specializes in providing tax, audit, accounting and business advisory services for businesses, individuals, estates, trusts, non-profit organizations, and employee benefit plans. Our diverse client base served includes industries such as professional service firms, government contractors, non-profits, real estate, construction and specialty contractors, and healthcare providers.
|9/12/2015||Nonprofit Standard Newsletter – Winter 2015 FASB Updates, IRS Priorities and more|
|9/12/2015||Nonprofit Standard Newsletter – Fall 2015 Tax-Exempt Bond Compliance and more|
|12/12/2014||Nonprofit Standard Newsletter – Winter 2014
Higher Education Update: Three Top Trends Impacting the Sector
|10/1/2014||Nonprofit Standard Newsletter – Fall 2014
Current trends in the nonprofit sector
|6/25/2014||Nonprofit Standard Newsletter – Summer 2014
Understanding Payments to Agents of Charitable Organizations
|3/27/2014||Nonprofit Standard Newsletter – Spring 2014
The Overhead Myth: A long-term challenge & opportunity for nonprofits